| || || |
|Arctic Gear Improved (2.1) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Arctic Gear Improved (2.1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
Third-Party Download Locations:
| || || |
|Arctic Gear Improved (2.1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Name: Arctic Gear Improved
Category: Weapons and Armor
Requirements: 7-Zip - http://www.7-zip.com
File Mirror #1: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=3077
RELz Thread: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=729215
Original Author: perditio44
Original Location (Broken Download): http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2546
This mod adds a new set of arctic armor and weapons sold by a new vendor.
The vendor keeps two sets of non-enchanted weapons and armor and will sell more over time. The quality of this armor is equivalent to Leather.
The vendor only has one set of enchanted weapons and armor that he will sell. The quality of this armor is equivalent to Mithril.
Each armor piece has this enchantment:
+2 Resist Frost
The Arctic Bow has this enchantment:
+3 Absorb Marksmanship
+2 Absorb Sneak
+2 Frost Damage
The Arctic Arrow has this enchantment:
+1 Frost Damage
+1 Weakness to Frost
When all armor pieces are worn together at the same time, you get the following bonuses:
Arctic Arrow Summons - A spell that can conjur 10 Arctic Arrows.
Arctic SnowFlake - A ranged frost attack for Novices.
Arctic SnowBall - A ranged frost attack for Apprentices.
Arctic SnowBoulder - A ranged frost attack for Journeymen.
Arctic SnowAvalanche - A ranged frost attack for Experts.
When the bonuses are granted, you will hear custom sound FX which lets you know the bonuses have been granted. The weather will also begin to snow.
You can buy the Arctic Fur set from a new vendor called Arctico at a shop called Nord Winds in Bruma.
This archive is distributed in 7-zip's .7z format which requires 7-zip (or other current archive utilities). The archive is what I call OMOD-Ready which simply means that it's a normal archive but with extra data contained in it to allow you to quickly convert it to an OMOD for use with Oblivion Mod Manager.
Pick which method you are going to use for installation:
- = or = -
1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data folder. You can ignore or delete the "omod conversion data" folder.
2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file.
Create the OMOD (Do this section only once)
1. Copy archive to (install folder)Oblivionobmmmods
2. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.
3. Click the Create button.
4. Click the Add Archive button, find and select the archive, then click Yes.
5. Click the Create omod button, then click OK when it finishes.
Install the mod using OBMM
1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.
2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen. (icon should turn blue)
Pick which method you are going to use for uninstall based on how you installed it:
- = or = -
1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file.
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
OblivionDataArctic Gear Improved.esp
OblivionDataArctic Gear Improved Readme.txt
1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.
2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen, click Yes. (icon should turn green)
Upgrading from Arctic Gear Improved 2.0:
- Simply overwrite one with the new one.
Upgrading from Arctic Gear 1.0 or 1.1:
- Sell all your items.
- Save your game.
- Uninstall old version.
- Install new version.
None. The vendor and his items are all unique. The vendor NPC is added to an existing location so if any other mod adds something to the same location, there might be a problem, however it's unlikely and the last mod loaded will "win" over any conflicts.
Known Issues or Bugs
2.1, 2007/07/16 - Weapon modifications
- Bow enchants changed slightly
- Quality of the bow now closer to Elven than Daedric to keep it closer to the armor level.
- Arrow upgraded from Iron to Elven quality.
2.0, 2007/07/16 - Overhaul by LHammonds
- Added Arctic Arrows/Quiver.
- Added custom inventory menu icons.
- Added option to purchase non-enchanted armor/weapons.
- Added spell and sound FX bonuses for wearing all enchanted armor pieces.
- Added missing helmet and hood .egm files.
- Re-textured hood to better match the Arctic fur set.
- Changed vendor's nose, chin and hair to my liking.
- Changed vendor's inventory to show him wearing all equipment.
- Changed armor and enchantment stats.
- Changed placement of all files in "Arctic Gear" project folders for better organization.
1.1, 2006/04/12 - Fixed missing hood.
1.0, 2006/04/07 - Initial release.
You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as 'Conan_Lon'
You can find me on TESSource.net as 'LHammonds'
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Thanks to perditio44 for the original Arctic Gear version.
Thanks to TESSource.net for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
Thanks to God for creating us all.
7-Zip - http://www.7-zip.com
Adobe Photoshop - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/
BSA Commander - http://letalka.sourceforge.net/morr/index.htm
DDS Converter - http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412
ESPPluginCracker - http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=11680
NIFSkope - http://www.niftools.org
Oblivion Mod Manager - http://timeslip.chorrol.com/obmm.html
Paint Shop Pro - http://www.paintshoppro.com
Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
TES Construction Set - http://www.theelderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm
TESsnip - http://timeslip.chorrol.com/TESsnip.html
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give perditio44, LHammonds and Bethesda credit if you distribute any part of this mod.
|Arctic Gear Improved (2.1) - User Comments
No File Comments have been added yet!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!