|Cats & Rats (2.4v) - File Description
| Description: |
- Special version for OOO 1.3
- Removed dungeon chest spawns to prevent conflicts with loot mods
Cats & Rats has been completely re-written to add new and unique intelligent behaviour not possible with Radiant AI packages alone. Could these be the smartest (and cutest) creatures in all Tamriel? Quite possibly!
* Climb steps and stairs while waking, running or chasing (no more head-butting steps!)
* Arbitarily decide when to chase rats, and when to leave them alone
* Run to doorways of buildings for shelter from rain, snow, and thunderstorms until the weather clears
* Are super cute and purr when patted, sometimes sitting and licking themselves
* Use cat-mind powers to stop guards attecking them during a fight in populated areas (fix for game mechanics)
* Climb steps and stairs while waking, running or being chased
* Run to creates, barrels and other rat-infested containers to shelter themselves from rain, snow, and thunderstorms
* Actually 'enter' (dissappear) into the container they run to, and re-appear when the weather is calm again
* Spawn in 3 different sizes, with even the smallest able to climb steps
* Spawn in cities, dungeons, camps and the wilderness to differing degrees
Now also built for Open Cities! See the note on Open Cities under Compatibility.
Full release below. Be sure to read the Installation instructions, especially if you're upgrading from a previous Cats & Rats version.
| || || |
|Cats & Rats (2.4v) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Cats & Rats (2.4v) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
|Cats & Rats (2.4v) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 18 | Last comment: 10-12-2009 at 02:58
Joined: November 1st, 2005
|last version made my game crash and crash and crash.....have you addressed any of those issues? |
Joined: April 19th, 2006
|Awww.... Kittys! I like cats and this sounds like a good mod it sound really realistic but i was wondering does it add the weather stuff? Cause for me it rains in every city cept bruma and bruma's the only place it snows so just wondering if it makes it snow in other citys to. Anyways im about to download this cats are awsome!. |
Joined: April 30th, 2006
|I use the light version of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (1.31) but it seems the file you have pervided is based on the full version. I am going to un install Cats and Rats until a light OOO version is available as there are some mods that I have applied as light ad ons that are duplicated in the Full OOO you have supplied. |
I do like the mod however.
Joined: January 27th, 2007
|i downloaded it but it came up as a 7z file and didnt work, how do i unzip it/ make it work? |
Joined: January 4th, 2007
|So cute! Will test in-game immediately. ^^;'' |
I'm looking at others' comments, and they sound like they dont like it/it doesn't work... I hope it works! =/ Wonderful, wonderful kitties.
Joined: January 4th, 2007
|My game crashed when I loaded Oblivion... I tried disabling your mod first, as it is one of the ones I hadn't had before it crashed... And, lo and behold, it didn't crash. At all. xX;'' |
It CANNOT be my computer, as my computer can play the game normally on highest graphics possible without lag... So...
This mod is either glitchy or I dunno what.
It's a wonderful mod, but...
Joined: January 4th, 2007
|*graphics settings, I meant. I hate how you can't edit your posts here. |
Joined: February 16th, 2007
|Great mod seeing as i love cats! 10/10! |
Joined: September 5th, 2007
|can you become a cat and mouse here :O ?????? |
Joined: July 22nd, 2007
|can u kill the cats? & howz about a mod where dogs chase cats...... and kill them MUHAHAHHAHAHA I hate cats I hope a big **** rat eats the cat never the less nice mod. |
Joined: August 9th, 2007
|Nice.. I love kitties, now i hope it works |
Joined: December 30th, 2007
| kitties are invisible and i saw a rat run up a wall |
Joined: November 16th, 2008
|its a nice mod... tho i think its tooo many cats tho... its so many of them that it makes it all a bit unrealistic... and also i would love to be able to add only the rats in different sizes as i find the original rats in oblivion a bit too big to make it feal realistic |
but i still gonna give u 9/10 as no bugs for me with the mod and it is after all a good mod
Joined: July 13th, 2008
|i used to have rats in my house (incidently before i got my cat) and they DO run up walls. and often my cats hide. it's realistic! |
Joined: July 11th, 2008
|lol you can get cats for your house?? COOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! |
by the way i recon there should be more rats cause there are so many cats!!
also when the cats attack the rats everybody screams and runs away and the guards walk past like nothings happening
--- Overheard by a mob of people in tamriel with this mod ---
Person1: OMG THAT CATS ATTACKING A RAT
Person2: OMG RUUUN!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Guard: what u looking at... what? i dont see nother!!!
<guard looks greedily at a bag of moniez given by the kittehs to... recall guards...>
anyway good job i LOVE it... works perfect for me!!!
P.S. some queries --
-- why not make a few dogs (1 to every three cats) but for the dogs to only harmlessly chase the cats
-- why not make MORE rats where cats are so the cats have more things to kill... cause when i loaded the mod and went to Anvil there were about 10 cats with ZERO rats... and they were walking around in bunches of cats...
-- OH and also that systm the stair climber it makes my cats suddenly jump in the air everyknown and then!! and then sometimes just STOP when climbing stairs...
Joined: July 11th, 2008
|oh wait... he was meaniung real life... DANG |
well then, why not have a 'cat' upgrade' that gives your house a cat
(make it already have rats!!!)
Joined: May 5th, 2009
|Another problem, adding to the ever-growing list of the issues in this mod... |
Ever since I downloaded this mod, along with another, the game will occasionally go to either a black or brown screen when I move to certain areas or go into a building...
I tried disabling each one individually and on both occasions it still happened.
(I'm going to post this on the other mod page, as well)
It's a nice mod though, but fix the problems and add a house upgrade for all houses so that you can get a pet cat/pet cats.
Joined: June 22nd, 2009
|looks interesting |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!