|Dungeon Lighting Reduced (1.0) - File Description
| Description: |
Name: Dungeon Lighting Reduced
Category: Gameplay Effects and Changes
Requirements: Oblivion Patch 126.96.36.1996
This mod reduces global dungeon lighting by making them darker. For more info, read details section below. Sorry for bad English!!
This mod does almost the same thing as "Dark Dungeons" mod. I've singlehandedly reduced "Global" lighting in ALL vanilla dungeons one by one. Caves, Mines, Ayleid and Fort Ruins are all affected. There are some "special" interiors I changed (like Abandoned House or Lighthouse Basement) for more realistic experience. The difference between Dark Dungeons and Dungeon Lighting Reduced is in how much lighting have been reduced. While using Dark Dungeons, it happened to me that I couldn't see a thing in some locations. Well, my mod reduces light, keeping things visible even without torch.
Q: "Why did you make this mod? You can see things without torch in vanilla too."
A: - See screenshots. This makes dungeons darker, but point of this mod is to keep the same original "brilliancy" when Oblivion was first released.
Q: "I simply don't see any difference."
A: - I suggest you to run through any vanilla dungeon without this mod, then activate this mod and "repeat the process".
Q: "What does this mod change EXACTLY?" (for modders only)
A: - This mod changes CELL lighting options only, so no static or light items have been removed (candles or light sources).
Q: "This cell is too light/dark..."
A: - Open Construction Set, find the cell you want to change, right-click on it, go to Lighting tab and change it however you want. You should contact me if any cell is COMPLETELY DARK !!!
Q: "This mod is too good/bad !"
A: Open your internet browser, go to http://www.tesnexus.com, find my mod and rate it.
Q: "Is this compatible with..."
A: Read Incompability tab...
It is MOSTLY RECOMMENDED to use Wrye Bash
A) This is BAIN friendly mod, which means you can/should use Wrye Bash to install Dungeon Lighting Reduced.
1. Copy whole archive to folder where you put your Bash archives (here's where is mine "Bash Installers" folder; "D:IgriceModsBash Installers"). Note you can change location to anywhere you want.
1. Open "Wrye Bash Launcher";
2. Go to "Installer" Tab;
3. Find "Dungeon Lighting Reduced" archive and on the right side of screen choose which .esps youy want to install (there are original .esp, Shivering Isles version and DLC Mehrunes Razor). Also, you should know that ALL .esps are optional (you can use Dungeon Lighting Reduced for Shivering Isles only if you choose to);
4. Once you have selected plugins you want to install, right click on archive and click on install. Job is done.
5. Go back to Mods tab. You should already have "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" in your Data folder. Concerning Load Order, be sure to put this near the end (like Dark Dungeons). Set LO using "CTRL + Up/Down Arrow".
6. Once this is done, DON'T ACTIVATE ANY LightningReduced....esp ! Find Bashed Patch, 0.esp, right-click on it and select "Rebuild Patch". Once in there, be sure that "Import Cells" is checked. In "Import Cells" select "LightningReduced.esp" and everything associated with it. Click "OK" !!
Well done, you've done. Load your game and enjoy.
B) If you're not using Wrye Bash (even if there is no reason not to), copy desired plugins to OblivionData folder, activate "Oblivion Launcher", click on "Data Files" and check desired .esps. Note that NOT rebuilding patch may cause incompatibility with mods like All Natural or Storms & Sounds. Also, you can use OBMM to set load order.
A) Using Wrye Bash:
- Go to "Installers" Tab, right-click on archive and click on Uninstall
- Go to OblivionData folder and delete every file which starts with "LightingReduced".
This mod IS NOT compatible with Dark Dungeons, don't use both.
If you want this mod to be compatible with All Natural, Real Lights and Storms & Sounds, use Wrye Bash and its awesome Rebuild Patch option. Otherwise, it may cause instability.
This mod IS compatible with mods like OOO, MMM, WarCry, FCOM etc...since this mod DOESN'T change creatures or items in dungeons, NOT AT ALL !!
Known Issues or Bugs
It didn't happen to me, but on some nVidia cards dungeons can turn completely black. First, try using "nVidia Fog Fix" mod. Second, download latest driver and third, contact me.
v1.0 - Initial Release
You can find me on TESNexus as 'BlackerrR'
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Thanks to TESNexus.com for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
Thanks to LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Thanks to God for creating us all.
7-Zip - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15579
Oblivion Mod Manager - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2097
TES4Edit - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11536
TES Construction Set - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11367
Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
Wrye Bash - http://wrye.ufrealms.net/Wrye%20Bash.html
You can do whatever you want with this mod but don't complain to me if it
doesn't work or you become arrested.
| || || |
|Dungeon Lighting Reduced (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Dungeon Lighting Reduced (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Dungeon Lighting Reduced (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Read Description above for FULL INFORMATION!
|Dungeon Lighting Reduced (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 2 | Last comment: 11-04-2010 at 14:38
From: (Woodstock, GA.)
Joined: November 27th, 2009
|I'm sorry but this is what the brightness level is for in the settings menu... no offense but its a good mod but kinda useless... |
Joined: July 13th, 2005
|The goal of this mod seems to be realism. In real-life caves your way won't be lit by sourceless, mystical light, and this mod moves the cave experience closer to wandering-through-the-dark, doomed-without-a-torch suspense. |
Now if only we could get a mod that makes enemies unable to magically see in the dark...
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!