|Magical Shields pt. 1 (1.6 final) - File Description
| Description: |
Who here was disappointed with the magical shields in Oblivion?
I'm sure many people were, including this modder who thought he would create his own textures for the magical shields. This mod is the result of his work, and the shields look great might I say. Each is original, inventive, colourful and cool! Didn't have time to play through this one, but it does look really good.
Before installing read the readme, this mod in incompatible with anything that tweaks shield stats.
Make sure you get part 2.
Download and enjoy!
| || || |
|Magical Shields pt. 1 (1.6 final) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Magical Shields pt. 1 (1.6 final) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Magical Shields pt. 1 (1.6 final) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Magical Shields v1.6 (Final Version)
Created by J. "Metz" Hayes
created using Oblivion Contruction Set v1.2.404, Paint Shop Pro v9, Adobe Photoshop CS2 v9.02, Nvidia DDS Plugins v 8.23
What the mod does
I was bit disappointed when I obtained the Shield of the Sun in game and dropped it along with a steel shield and couldn't visually tell the difference. So I thought that since Bethesda didn't make unique textures for that shield, that I would do it. Wweeeellll one thing lead to another. This mod is the result.
This mod will put into place textures for all basic Oblivion magical shields. Unique, Leveled and Artifact Shields are not included. Now all 'named' shield will have it's own unique texture to differentiate them from the ordinary stock shields.
This mod is not compatible with any other mod that changes the stats, etc of any of the shields contained herein.
There are two .esp files in this package. Only use one of the esp files.
* mz_Shields.esp Vanilla Oblivion - no Shivering Isles
* mz_Shields_SI.esp Adds cursed shield from Shivering Isles for the magical shields contained in this mod.
( I haven't done any of the magical shields uniquely SI.)
* Unzip to a temp directory
* Move (Copy) the .esp, Meshes Folder, and Textures folder in your Oblivion Data Directory
(Alternatively if you have the Oblivion Mod Manager create an OMOD using the archive file)
v1.1 Contains the following:
- All shields based upon the Light Iron (Chainmail) Shield Mesh
- All shields based upon the Fur Mesh
- Shield of the Tower
- Defender's Shield
- Sylvan BarkShield
- Shield of Animus
- Clanfear Hide Shield
- Mercury Shield
- Burning Shield
- Shield of the Sun
v1.2 Contains the following:
- added All shields based upon the Elven Shield Mesh
- added All shields based upon the Ebony Shield Mesh
- added Stormlords Shield (Daedric Mesh)
- added Stormhammer Shield (Dwarven Mesh)
- added Hammerfell Shield (Iron Mesh)
- added Cured Shield (Leather Mesh)
- added Shield of Frost (Leather Mesh)
- added Shield of the Red Mountain (Mithril Mesh)
- added Extinguishing Shield (Steel Mesh)
- Duh ! Would you believe that Elven and Fur shields have a mesh for FEMALES in the Construction Set. No wonder I was having trouble with getting the shields to show when I picked them up in the test room.
- added Test Room (player.coc TestMzShields)
- added Normal Map textures
- renamed meshes and textures to eliminate unnecessary underscores as Oblivion has a problem with excess underscores.
- added all the shields into the .esp (s I can see what still needs to be done while in the testing room)
- completed remaining shields based upon the Iron Shield Mesh
- reworked all of the shields based upon the Fur Shield Mesh
- completed all of the shields based upon the Leather Shield Mesh
- copped out on the Glass shields - I used as mess of shields from various retexture mods.
Thanks to all of you who did the work on thos shields.
- Completed all the shields based upon the Daedric Mesh.
- Reworked the normal maps
- Reworked the Shield of the Empire.
- Completed all the shields based upon the Mithril Shield Mesh.
- Reworked 3 of the Leather Shield Mesh shields. (see Leather shield image)
- Reworked the Tiger Fang Shield.
- Completed all the shields based upon the Orcish Shield Mesh
v1.6 (Final version)
- Completed all the shields based upon the Steel Shield Mesh
- Completed all the shields based upon the Dwarven Steel Mesh
- Added mz_Shields_SI.esp for those who want the cursed shields that match the one in this mod. (Someone else may have the pleasure of doing up the other SI shields)
- To nachtefuchs: You'll find WITCHFINDER2.NIF and WITCHFINDER2.DDS in this file. Rename to WITCHFINDERS.NIF and WITCHFINDERS.DDS. Hope the eyes on a black shield do the trick for ya.
v1.6a (definitely Final)
- For some reason Oblivion didn't like one of my steel meshes ... fiexed the problem ... sorry
I hope you've enjoyed the shields. Please feel free to use or change the textures in your mods. Just give credit where credit is due.
Cheers from Australia from a Yank living abroad.
Thanks and Credits
Shield Mod Used for Mesh/Texture
Shield of the Sun --------- texture from Shields of Antiquity by Gervas
Hardened Shield ----------- texture from Klarre Forestheart
Mud Crab Shield ----------- base texture from Shields of Antiquity
Shield Textures ----------- Ruze84 and his MasterworkArmors mod
|Magical Shields pt. 1 (1.6 final) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 12 | Last comment: 01-14-2009 at 14:59
Joined: October 19th, 2006
|AWESOME!!! that is really what i need |
Joined: October 21st, 2006
|this is cool but when I downloaded the 2 files I can open them??? I checked I download the right file the names matched up but I can open them and I know there should be texture and mesh files inside of it |
Joined: December 11th, 2006
|Do you mean you can't open them? As opposed to you can? It's a 7-zip file so I'd recommend downloading that, then unpacking it. |
Joined: January 14th, 2006
|This looks really cool! Too bad I'm running OOO. Is there a version that just replaces the skins? |
(Read the readme anyways. Does anyone know why on earth a shield would have a different mesh for females?)
Joined: July 30th, 2006
|to Slayer: (and so many others who dont know !) |
Use cutkiller.exe to join part .001 and .002 of the 7z ...
Joined: July 30th, 2006
|oops sorry hadn't noticed the "join" option in 7zip.... |
From: (Wichita, kansas)
Joined: June 8th, 2007
|Hey COULINALEXIS, where is the join option in 7z? cause i dont see it. |
Joined: July 30th, 2006
|actually you have to select "file" (to left of 7zip's window) then "combine files" (and not "join", Xcuze, am french !) (tenth line down....) |
Joined: August 30th, 2006
|where cani find those schields?? |
Joined: November 14th, 2006
|I have to problem with the shields themselves except the lighting ones, The thing that I don't like is the names, Reading all of the names...It still is ringing in my ears, Shield of... I like the creativity in there like shield of grounding, or such but maybe something that doesn't say 'shield of' Maybe use 'blocker' or 'tower' such as 'tower of grounding' or 'Infernal blocker' I mean I'm no moder so you don't have to listen to my suggestions . Other then that I give you a 8/10 for the time and quality you have produced |
Joined: December 14th, 2008
|Hi, im just wondering, are the shields at one vendor? Are they loot? both? I cannot find one shield!!!! please someone, anyone? |
Joined: January 14th, 2009
|bloody good mod, this is perfect, dude theres like a mudcrab shield i was expecting to be like a mud crab dody.. NO its a bloody fur shield NICe 1000/10. |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!