|Morrowind Comes Alive (4.1) - File Description
| Description: |
One of Morrowind's biggest flaws was the fact that the npc's were very dull. They were very boring, repititve, and it seemed that you never really had any excitement with them. Well get ready for this, as it will probably get you off your chair. This mod will add many random npc's throughout Morrowind who will have a variety of actions. Some will serve alcohol, some will sell and buy your skooma , courtesans, random guards and soldiers, bandits, and a whole lot more. I highly recommend this mod to those of you who are looking for a bit more spice to Morrowind.
|Morrowind Comes Alive (4.1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Morrowind Comes Alive (4.1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Morrowind Comes Alive v4.1 by Neoptolemus - Tribunal and Bloodmoon required
Randomly adds over 1000 types of NPCs to over 300 cells to bring Morrowind to life.
Uses leveled lists so that what NPC spawns where is random, and what they're
wearing and carrying is random. Once spawned, the NPCs then have a 20% chance of
disappearing when you leave the cell they're in, so a new NPC will appear when you
come back later. This means they are on a constant 'rotation', simulating people
traveling to and from towns, and going in and out of the inns, shops, guilds etc.
The aim of the mod is to alleviate the 'staticness' of the Morrowind world, which
is a major (and dare I say well-founded) complaint about the game.
Look for the new NPCs in the streets, in temples, taverns, shops, forts, shrines,
guildhalls, camps, and even Daedric ruins. You will also encounter a number of NPCs
in the wilderness, including parties of travelers, adventurers and bandits, hostile
and peaceful Ashlanders, traveling merchants and parties of Ordinators and Armigers
on Red Mountain. All NPCs (excepting beast races) have new heads and hair by Rhedd
and Allie, Zul, Gorg, Arathrax, Hellkitty, Emma, Eternum, Astarsis, Don Salus,
UQForgotten, aedroth, Magic Nakor and TheSiriusSnape (plus a few simple re-textures
Lastly, these new NPCs are all compatible with mods such as 'Give Your Orders',
'Dracandros' Voice' and 'Vampire Embrace', meaning you can recruit them without
having to worry about them disappearing when you change cells, as their scripts
automatically disable if they happen to enter follow mode.
As of version 4.0, this mod now includes my other popular mod, 'The Undead v2.2',
which adds over 140 types of skeletal and phantom enemies (ranging from levels 5 to
200) to Vvardenfell, the Mourhold Sewers and Solstheim. This was done for various
reasons, the main ones being that they complement each other nicely, and most
people use them together anyway. This means users of 'The Undead' will need to
uncheck its .esp file before using this version of 'Morrowind Comes Alive'. Failure
to do so will probably make your game crash.
Secondly, for people updating from versions pre-3.0, the old Wilderness NPCs addon
is now included in the main .esm, as is the even older Bandits addon. Make sure you
uncheck these before using this version. Again, failure to do so can make your game
Thirdly, this mod alters some of Morrowind's leveled lists, so you will need to use
a leveled list merging tool if you want to use it with other mods that do the same
(such as GIANTS and Morrowind Advanced). Look for Horatio's Leveled List Merger or
TESTool at any good Morrowind modding site if you don't have one.
Lastly, if you see naked and/or headless MCA NPCs in your game after updating from
an earlier version, open your saved game with the 'TES Advanced Mod Editor' tool
(available from most Morrowind modding sites), and delete all NPC and NPCC entries
that begin with '_MCA'. That should fix it.
CHANGES IN 4.1:
- Sixth House NPCs are now compatible with the 'Sixth House mod'. They will no
longer attack you if you are a member.
- Sixth House NPCs can now be disabled if you don't want them in your game (they
are kinda anti-lore) by typing 'set MCA_NoSixthHouse to 1' into the console.
- Added a patch making the MCA vampires compatible with Jaxalot's Vampire Realism.
With the patch enabled, MCA vampires will need to be finished off with a stake
through the heart. Thanks to Jaxalot for lending his scripts.
- Female Vampire Lords are now Vampire Ladies.
- Vampire NPCs now have the correct faces.
- Ashlanders in the wilderness now sometimes spawn in groups. Some of the hostile
ones also wield bows now, to making fighting them slightly more interesting.
- Some Knights and Crusaders now wear capes. They come in green, blue, red, black
- Some Undead enemies now sometimes spawn in groups.
- Phantoms on Solstheim are now taller than those found on Vvardenfell (they are
dead Nords after all).
- Added a bunch of new Imperial Guard variants. Archers in steel armor, more Duke's
Guard types, etc.
- Outlaws are now Brigands, and Daedra Worshippers are now Outlaws. Several new
variants of the latter have also been added, including Warlocks, Witches and
Thieves. They will also spawn in the Wilderness as well as Daedric Ruins.
- Added Andy!'s hairstyles to female Bosmer and Dunmer NPCs.
- Sleeping with Courtesans is now slightly more... erm... visual. Try one and see
what I mean. Better Bodies is recommended for the best effect... ;) Note that the
Bed_Standard script has been altered in order to implement this, so I've included
a compatibility patch for Necessities of Morrowind users, as NOM also alters that
- You can now sleep with your companions from the Recruitable NPCs addon if they
like you enough (disposition 90+). Just ask them if they want to 'make love',
then find a bed. See the Recruitable NPCs readme for more details.
- Shareel the Half-Daedra Recruitable NPC now has a 'Better Bodies' body, and
companion share. The two vampire NPCs also have companion share now.
- Fixed several inefficiently written scripts, cutting them down by about 25%. May
or may not improve fps.
CHANGES IN 4.0:
- Integrated my other mod, 'The Undead v2.2'. Guards and adventurers will now help
you fight the undead NPCs, and some of the new weapons from 'The Undead' will
show up in the hands of MCA NPCs.
- Added Vampires, which spawn alone or in parties in tombs, the wilderness and
occasionally towns. Heads by Magic Nakor, aedroth and Zuldazug. There are several
types ranging from weak 'Yearling Vampires' to very strong 'Ancient Vampires'.
Note that these vampires are quite rare, so you don't need to worry about your
game being saturated with them if you are using other mods that add vampires to
the wilderness (eg. GIANTS by PumaMan and Vampire Realism by Jaxalot).
- Added werewolves, which spawn in the wilderness and in towns. They are VERY rare,
and unlike those in Bloodmoon, do not show up in the day as naked psycho people.
They spawn only at night.
- Added Sixth House NPCs, including Dreamers, Sixth House Priests, Prophets and
Soldiers (wearing Ronin's red retexture of Braddock's ninja outfits). They will
appear alone or in parties on Red Mountain, in the Ashlands and in Sixth House
- Added Guard patrols to the wilderness. You will see Imperial patrols in the West
Gash and Ascadian Isles, Hlaalu patrols in the Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast,
Redoran patrols in the Ashlands and West Gash, and Telvanni patrols in the
Grazelands and Azura's Coast. They will help you fight creatures, and the MCA
bandits, vampires, ashlanders, undead, etc.
- Added 2 new Nord female heads by Emma.
- Added new Redguard female and Breton female heads by UQForgotten.
- Fixed some broken scripts in the Recruitable NPCs addon, and altered a few NPCs
for more variety. There are now two vampire NPCs, one half-daedra, a lich and a
giant animated suit of daedric armor. Just over a third of the NPCs have also had
unique backgrounds added, which you can ask about once you've recruited them.
- Numerous other small fixes and alterations that I can't remember.
Niero: Scarf mesh, hood mesh and scarf icon.
Mykul: Hood mesh and icon.
Gorg: Cape mesh and heads and hair in 'FP' folder.
Zuldazug: Orc heads in 'b' and 'KP' folders.
Grumpy: Warping script for the recruitable NPCs.
Rhedd and Allie: Heads and hair in 'BG' folder.
Arathrax: Heads and hair in 'DS' folder.
Eternum: Heads and hair in 'ET' folder.
Don Salus: Heads in 'DON' folder.
TheSiriusSnape: Female Redguards heads in 'MCA' folder.
Snakebitten: Quiver model and icon.
Ent Went Moot: Backpack model and icon.
coodiak: Bag model and icon.
Emma: Breton female head in 'MCA' directory, and heads in 'Emma' folder.
Astarsis: High Elf female hair in 'BG' folder.
Hellkitty: Heads in 'HK' folder.
Silaria: Hair in 'Silaria' folder.
UQForgotten: Heads in '1HS' folder.
MagicNakor: Vampire heads in '_mn' folder.
H. Beast: Ascended Sleeper Robe.
Braddock/Mantodea: Clothing in 'JB' folder, and ninja outfit meshes in 'RG'folder.
Ronin: Ninja outfit textures.
Dale Stocker: Wings mesh in 'MCA' folder.
aedroth: Wood Elf vampire head in 'b' folder.
UserExists: Skeleton mesh.
Puma Man and Mephisto: Inspiration for the undead enemies.
Jaxalot: Vampire staking script in the Vampire Realism patch.
Andy!: Hairstyles in 'AJT' folder.
Psychodog Studios: Winged Twilight body mesh and texture (I merely recolored it).
Bethesda Softworks: Domina and Gold armor.
Thanks also to Adam, the creator of Adventurer's NPCs (which inspired this mod), to
GhanBuriGhan for his wonderful scripting tutorial, and of course to Bethesda for
making such an awesome (and moddable) game.
Feel free to use any of my scripts in your own mods. Just please give me some
credit. All meshes and textures by other people included here are fair game as
long as you credit the original creators, excepting the backpack by Ent Went Moot,
and Andy!'s hairstyles which are only included here with their permission.
|Morrowind Comes Alive (4.1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 18 | Last comment: 04-06-2008 at 06:15
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!