| || || |
|The Life of Sir Balin (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|The Life of Sir Balin (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
Third-Party Download Locations:
| || || |
|The Life of Sir Balin (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Name: The Life of Sir Balin
Category: Quests and Adventures
Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.1.511, Borderless Cyrodiil*
Author(s): Bradley 'Edoc'sil' Chick
* - This mod is not required if you just change a property in your Oblivion.ini file. Details on how do do so are in the Install section.
Sir Balin is dead yet still he lives. Find his journal and begin the journey to discover the life of Sir Balin. You must follow the clues left in his journals to find all the pieces to his armor. Only in the end will you be deemed worthy of Knighthood yourself.
To start the quest, go to the river bank that stretches towards Lake Poppod. There you will find the burned out remains of Sir Balin's home. The first journal awaits.
This mod has a slight tie-in to my Oblivion Web-Comic that I created and update pretty regularly. So, in order to not be totally left out, go here: http://unix.eng.ua.edu/~rhino/ and get yourself up to speed.
This mod has one dungeon just outside the borders of the normal game. Therefore, you must set the borders to 0 in your Oblivion.ini file (detailed instructions in installation section). This will not hurt your game or anything so don't worry :)
This is an adventure quest that will test your fighting abilities as well as mental. It is a quest of honor and should not be attempted by one with Infamy though, the means exist within the mod to take the Infamy away. You must find all 5 pieces of Sir Balin's armor, his sword, and shield. The mod also adds some other unique armor and weapons. This mod is mostly surrounding the story of Sir Balin's life, so reading will be necessary. Also, there are no quest logs or green/red triangles. You must do everything on your own. If you get stuck, go to the forums or email me at bchick222 at gmail dot com
The armor in the mod is close to the daedric stats in weight and protection. I feel the challenge to get it makes the power of the armor worth it. The weapons of Sir Balin do damage close to Umbra, where the weapons of The Marked match daedric.
Also, there are some... easter eggs of sorts. Some stuff put in for comic relief, others to add to the world I have created. If you find anything abnormal or have any questions about something you think might be an extra, head to the forums: http://septimspride.19.forumer.com/index.php
1. Download and install the mod 'Borderless Cyrodiil' at http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3578 -OR- Open up your Oblivion.ini file (located in -My DocumentsMy GamesOblivion- usually), search for the line entitled BorderRegionsEnabled and set it to 0
***This will NOT hurt your game or anything. All it does is take away the boundries Bethesda placed around Cyrodiil.
2. Copy files to (install folder)OblivionData
3. Files should include 1 .esp file, 1 .bsa file, and a folder entitled 'Videos'
that has a movie inside
4. Start Oblivion Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the
1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
If I release an update I will detail the instructions in it.
I have had no conflicts with any mods. However, if a mod adds a house in the exact place I put my dungeons and such, there will be problems. There's only one way to find out!
Known Issues or Bugs
The door leading to the Light Labyrinth from Cyrodiil is very picky. Sometimes the game won't let you click on it. However, no matter if the rest of the door is unclickable, the left edge of it always is. So, just point at the left edge until the door icon pops up and enter it that way.
Sometimes the boss of the Light Labyrinth won't show up. I have no idea why. Either reload a save or bring up the console, click on the exit door, and type unlock. Then hit enter and go through the door. You will have to do the same on the chest in the next room.
If you find any other bugs or issues, email me. Contact info is below.
02/06/2007 ---- version 1.0 released
You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as Edoc'sil
You can find me on TESSource.net as Edocsil
You can send me an email here: bchick222 at gmail dot com
You can also visit my forums at http://septimspride.19.forumer.com/index.php
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Thanks to TESSource.net for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
Thanks to lhammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Thanks to Rhino for doing the voice acting and scripting.
Thanks to Planet Elder Scrolls for the support.
Thanks to my good friend and roommate Rhino (Spade) for scripting and voice acting.
All textures, video, ideas, and story are my own. If you wish to use them, ask me first please. All the models belong to Bethesda.
TES Construction Set - http://www.theelderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm
Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
Photoshop - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/
NIFSkope - http://www.niftools.org
DDS Converter - http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412
Texture Replacer - http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2156
BSA Commander - http://letalka.sourceforge.net/morr/index.htm
TES4Files - http://mentalelfz.com/tes4files.html
You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of
this mod. If I do not respond within 2 weeks, feel free to do whatever you
like with this mod. I'm a pretty easy-going guy, so don't be scared :)
|The Life of Sir Balin (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 1 | Last comment: 11-03-2009 at 14:32
Joined: October 28th, 2009
|Love it so far |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!