|Unnatural Aura (1.1) - File Description
| Description: |
This mod adds two Lesser Powers to the player's spell book. There's the 'Unnatural Aura' Spell, which lets you put several different effects(Shaders) on your character, from the fog that comes off a Zombie, to the electricity from a shock spell, to the eerie glow of a ghost.
The second spell, 'Unnatural Perception' allows to to put these same effects on Non Player Characters and creatures.
The spell doesn't cost any magicka, and you can dispel the effects at any time, so even the most primitive of barbarians can use these spells.
So, download and have some fun, and perhaps grab a few screenies while you're at it!
| || || |
|Unnatural Aura (1.1) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Unnatural Aura (1.1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Unnatural Aura (1.1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
UNNATURAL AURA v1.1 (7-AUG-2006)
A little modification for
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
4. Known Bugs/Issues/Compatibility
5. Credits & Contact
This mod adds two lesser powers to player's character. The 'Unnatural Aura' power gives a posibillity to change look of PC into something... different and the 'Unnatural Perception' power may change presence of any NPC and creature in the game.
These auras do not change anything in game except altering of target's body and armor textures. They apply various shaders to PC, NPCs and creatures thus change their visual appearance.
No magicka is required to use these powers and you can use them unlimited times. You can change or dispel visual aura on your character or any NPC or creature at any time.
If you want to change look of your character, simply cast 'Unnatural Aura' power spell (you can find it in magic menu under Lesser Powers section). Several available options should appear, then you can choose any group of auras and in the next window pick a desired effect.
If you want to change look of any NPC or creature, simply approach a target and cast 'Unnatural Perception' power spell (you can find it in magic menu under Lesser Powers section - it has 'on touch' ability). A window with options should appear, then you can choose any group of auras and in the next window pick a desired effect.
List of Aura Effects is as follows:
1. Undead Aura - ancient ghost, ghost, faded wraith, greater wraith, dread zombie, undead blade, nether lich, reanimated.
2. Special Aura - ayleid guardian, stone statue, mythic dawn, frost atronach, flame atronach, storm atronach, sun damage, test water shader.
3. Spell Aura #1 - absorption, charm, command, detect life, disintegrate, drain, test fire shader, test frost shader.
4. Spell Aura #2 - fire damage, frost damage, shock damage, paralyze, reflect, silence, soul trap, turn undead.
- Included option for even more effects galore! Combinations of many effects at the same time are possible, now! :>
- Changed each effect to be toggleable from the menu (if you choose an effect that is already applied to target, it will be dispelled - this option with possibility to mix various effects may provide more accurate results - it's easier to combine all these things, now ;-])
- Optimized some scripts thus file size is even smaller.
- Copy 'unnatural_aura_by_trollf.esp' file into 'Oblivion\Data' directory,
- In oblivion launcher choose 'Data Files' from menu, and check box close to file's name you copied previously,
- Run the game, load your save, spells should be added automatically after a while.
- enjoy! :>
4. KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES/COMPATIBILITY
I do not know of any :>
All shaders are in the game, already. This mod provides scripted spells to apply some additional shaders on PC, NPCs, and creatures. These effects are easy to add and remove (you can dispel them at any time).
Well, ok. Only 'side effect' I know of, is that you can dispel base aura of some creature or NPC like dread zombie, ghost, atronach, etc. It will affect only that NPC/creature on whom you cast a spell. And I think it's really not a serious issue ;-]
Of course, any mod that changes original game's visual shaders may affect 'Unnatural Aura' mod as well.
You may notice some fps drop if you apply many effects to your character, NPCs or creatures. Overall fps performance depends on many factors: your hardware, number of effects apllied, number of targets affected by these effects, and most of all, how many of them are visible on screen at once. Oblivion is not so gentle for hardware, you know ;-]
5. CREDITS & CONTACT & LAST WORDS
Credits given to:
- Floydian1, August Rhythm, Shadow', Axel Vain, AlienSlof, and many others from TESForums' 'Pictures of Oblivion Characters' threads for... overall inspiration. I was too lazy to search for many great mods and they've provided so much info in their links and screenies ;-]
- Xiamara for her 'Strike A Pose' mod that gave me a real inspiration and pushed me to modding at last and again ;p
- Modders from TESCSWiki site and TESForums for some helpful scripts - I've learned a lot from them.
If you have any questions, comments, etc. related to this 'Unnatural Aura' mod, mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me some PM (nick Trollf) on official TESForums (http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/).
This mod is being provided as freeware. Please feel free to copy and distribute it or change its content to suit your personal desires.
All I ask is that you don't claim/release it as your own and if you want to use part or all of it give me some credit for what I have done.
Thanks & Enjoy!
|Unnatural Aura (1.1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. The Elder Scrolls Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 11 | Last comment: 01-17-2009 at 10:22
Joined: July 30th, 2007
|This is very origional! 10/10! |
Joined: July 28th, 2007
|Can't wait to be a ghost! |
Joined: September 27th, 2004
|It would be interesting if someone used this concept to create a new type of caster. Say, a race that could not use any form of magic other then their natural ability to physically take on one magical property at a time. Stone would have lots of armor, wood lots of strength, ghost immune to physical attacks but unable to attack others or pickup objects, fire to cause fire damage to those in a certain radius, etc, etc. |
Joined: September 27th, 2004
|Oops, meant to say the wooden form would have lots of health, strength does not make a lot of sense for wood... maybe for steel or iron form. |
Joined: November 1st, 2007
| this mod is great. keep on rockin in the free world! |
Joined: November 2nd, 2007
|Visivicous has a good idea, consider about it... |
and anyway this mod rocks
Joined: July 5th, 2007
|Cool with the firy thing you can finally be a demon thanx! |
From: (new york, staten island)
Joined: April 30th, 2007
|love the concept u should listen to Visivicous great idea to |
you still get a 10/10 just keep in on
Joined: August 1st, 2007
|The fire effect reminds me when I saw Lord of the rings: |
CMON YOU CANT FLY DUMASS GOGOGOGO
Joined: February 7th, 2008
|trollf mods are the best!! :beer 10/10 |
Joined: December 20th, 2008
|NICE 10/10 |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!