The Pirate Isles - Mods Posted by: bloodreaver9 on 09-23-2006 @ 05:41 - Source: Dark_Soul
This News Item has been viewed 18,073 times
Halfway through implementing the fully customisable crew. I've done most of it, just need to do the repetitive task of assigning the dialogue and script to choose them... theres only 160 choices for crew members...
Touched up the town to have shadows about the buildings. Also rearranged the town so people are less likely to wander aboard your ship and thus cause problesm when you fast travel with it.
GENERAL MOD INFO:
I'm mid way through working on a pirate mod, called "The Pirate Isles". Its a set of islands set in their own little ocean worldspace. This thread and the previous threads are for discussion of the mod. I update this initial post with the important changes to the mod, such as progress and what is planned included in the mod, so make sure you check it
So far i have released a BETA which includes:
- Acquire a pirate ship! (DONE)
- Hire yon dastardly crew! (DONE)
- An island with a piratey town! Bring on the grog wench! (DONE)
- The ability to take your ship and crew and raid the high seas, specifically looting merchant ships and fighting the navy! (DONE)
- Different ships to fight - 3 types of Merchant ships, Fishing Vessels, Prisoner Vessels, Navy Warships, Navy Equipment Ships, and a rare Treasure Ship
- 3 Different First Mates to give your orders to (DONE)
- A slightly bizarre adventure related to skooma (DONE)
- Work your pirate fame up and acquire you own upgradeable island hideout. (DONE)
- Some basic pirate classes to choose from, namely the corsair and swashbuckler (DONE)
- A second island town, less piratey. (DONE)
- Work your pirate fame up and new ships will join your fleet. (DONE)
- Capture prisoners on your raids and sell them to slavers. (DONE)
- More pirates hanging out at the hideout. (DONE)
- More types of Captives.
- More types of ships to run into battle with. (PENDING)
- A small chance to strike it rich on raids by attacking a treasure ship. (PENDING)
- More commands available through first mate, including hiring of crew.(PENDING)
- Morale for your crew, need to pay them every week or mutiny! (PENDING)
- High pirate fame leads to attacks by bounty hunters etc. It will actually give you a reputation (not just a number) (PENDING)
- Buried treasure quest (what pirate story would be without it!?) (PENDING)
- Everything from the beta release! (PENDING)
- 2 More first mates, one a wizard (PENDING)
- Governers daughter quest! (what pirate mod could be without one) (PENDING)
- Governers son quest (for the ladie pirates amongst us) (PENDING)
- Major imperial port. (PENDING)
- A piratey adventure involving curses, an underwater highjink, treasure and wenches! wink.gif (PENDING)
- More islands (PENDING)
- Name your ship, and choose a flag for it (IN PROGRESS)
- Will there be cannons?
No, i don't feel they fit in the TES world. I'm a stickler for TES lore.
- Will there be voice?
Voices are out at the moment on the basis it will boost the file size to gargantuan proportions. Silent MP3s for the BETA made it 180mb alone. While i'm sure a few of you don't mind that size download, i doubt my chances of finding somewhere to host it. INstead at this point i'm looking at giving instructions with the mod to use the TES4 Plugin Utility to generate the silent mp3s on your computer, saving on a massive download.
- When will this come out?
Good question. I'll get back to you when i have an answer
- Will there be female pirates?
Of course. Don't like female pirates, don't hire them! Theres enough miscellaneous pirates to hire either an all male or all female crew, or a mix if you like.
- Is there new models/textures added by this mod?
Hopefully, I need and modellers to contact me via PM if they are willing to help. Haydox has created a tricorn hat that I will be using.
- Is there a team for this?
Yep, me doing the modding and a friend (nocturnal18) doing the testing.
If you are a modeller/texturer willing to help please contact me via pm.
I would greatly love to have a few of the following items. If you are willing to create or have seen these somewhere, please PM me. Thanks! http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2681
- New ship models, particularly a larger frigate, or even just a different looking ship the same size.
- Pirate Clothes! In particular tricorn hats, bandanas and long coats. I have some pictures.
- A pirate flag. Actually a variety of pirate flags would be good, but i'm sure with a model created I could get someone to create the a variety of different textures.
- A modifed version of the townguard cuirass/shield to use for the imperial navy. Something like a dark brown coat with the red dragon diamond symbol of the empire on it.
It would be great if Bethesda backed some people's mods...you know the real popular and/or revouloutionary ones (like this) and perhaps expanded upon them (with the authors permission and without stealing all thier content) then we could have some great stuff for an expansion.
#11 - 09-24-2006 at 20:12
llGll From: (Ontario!) Joined: October 11th, 2005 Posts: 879
When you go to the strange world after you've drunk the skooma, how do you get out? There is no visable way out of it, even speeking to the bloke dosn't help or hint. Please could someone help me.
A very stuck canary.
I was wondering do the ships actually move, or do they at port all day? It looks like a great MOD. Finally someone is going to make a real awesome pirate mod. Hopefully you get some really good moddlers to work on it. I really like the pirate long coat and hat idea. Keep up the good work, hope it gets finished really soon!
#28 - Is this mod for Morrowind of Oblivion? - 02-01-2008 at 20:26
This is a really stupid question on my part. I thought it was for oblivion iv but one of the comments said the just bought black moon and i thought that was a morrowind expansion. If anyone knows what which game this was for it would really help.
#29 - Oblivion - 07-09-2008 at 12:07
Jadenn From: (err i wish Ireland) Joined: March 1st, 2008 Posts: 51
cant get the beta to work arr! can someone help? ive read the readme many a time and put the files in many different combinations but still the damn map wont come up - and no pirate has come either to "kidnap me" - i do have knights of the nine installed does that matter? help!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time. Now enjoy yourself and behave!